- Person responsible for processing your personal data
- Processing of personal data
- Purposes of data processing
- Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
- Duration of data processing
- Protection of your personal data
- Your rights
- Cookies and other services
- Links to other websites
Welcome to the website of EcoHub AG (hereinafter also“we“,“us“).
EcoHub AG attaches great importance to data protection. The collection and processing of your personal data are carried out in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and requirements.
1. Person responsible for processing your personal data
You can contact us for your data protection concerns and to exercise your rights (see para. 7) as follows:
2. Processing of personal data
Technical data: Each time a person or an automated system accesses the website, a series of general data and information is collected, which may be linked with you personally. This general data and information is stored in the server’s log files. The following data may be collected: (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system accesses our website (“referrer”), (4) the sub-websites that are accessed via an accessing system on our website, (5) the date and time of access to the website, (6) an Internet protocol (IP) address, (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system and (8) other similar data and information that serve to avert danger in the event of attacks on our IT infrastructure.
Communication data: If you contact us via the communication options offered on our website, such as the contact form, by e-mail, telephone, letter or other means of communication, we will use your contact details and the communication content to process and respond to your enquiry.
You provide us with this information yourself as part of your enquiry, and can thus control whether and which personal data you wish to disclose to us.
3. Purposes of data processing
We process your personal data for the purposes that we explain below and under para. 8.
Communication with you: We process your personal data to communicate with you, in particular to respond to enquiries and assert your rights and to contact you in the event of queries. For this purpose, we use communication data in particular. We retain this personal information to document our communications with you, for quality assurance purposes and for follow-up.
Establishment of contractual relations: As part of the business initiation process, we collect personal data – in particular communication data – from you as a possible future customer, which may result in particular from communication with you.
Website operation and security: We need the technical data to (1) correctly display the content of our website, (2) optimize the content of our website, (3) ensure the long-term functionality of our IT infrastructure and the technology of our website, and (4) provide the necessary information to law enforcement authorities in the event of a cyber attack. Furthermore, EcoHub AG can evaluate this data and information statistically and also with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our IT infrastructure.
Market research and improvement of our services: We further process your personal data for market research and to improve our services (including our website and its security).
4. Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
In connection with our website and the purposes listed above, we also transfer your personal data to third parties, in particular to the following categories of recipients:
- Service providers: We work with service providers who process data about you on our behalf or in joint responsibility with us, or who receive data about you from us in their own responsibility (e.g. IT providers).
- Authorities: We may disclose personal data to offices, courts and other authorities in Switzerland and abroad if we are legally obliged or entitled to do so or if this appears necessary to protect our interests. Further processing of the transmitted personal data by the authorities is carried out in accordance with their own principles.
5. Duration of data processing
We process your personal data for as long as our processing purposes, legal retention periods and our legitimate interests in processing for documentation and evidence purposes require it, or storage is technically necessary. We delete or anonymize your personal data after the storage or processing period has expired as part of our normal procedures, provided that no legal or contractual obligations prevent this.
6. Protection of your personal data
We take reasonable security measures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information, to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful processing, and to protect against the risks of loss, accidental alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
Access to information and services on this website takes place via the Internet and thus via an open network that is accessible to anyone. We protect your data transmitted via our website in transit by means of appropriate encryption mechanisms. However, we can only secure areas that we control. In general, security risks cannot be completely ruled out; residual risks are unavoidable. In addition, the transmission of data via means of communication such as e-mail, SMS or WhatsApp is generally considered to be insecure.
7. Your rights
You have various rights regarding your personal data under certain circumstances within the scope of the applicable data protection law. Depending on the applicable data protection law, the following rights exist in particular:
- the right to receive information about whether and which of your personal data we process;
- the right to rectify inaccurate personal data;
- the right to have personal data deleted (e.g. if no longer need to be kept for legal reasons);
- the right to request that we provide certain personal data in a commonly used electronic format or transfer it to another party;
- the right to withdraw consent, to the extent our processing is based on your consent; and
- the right to receive, upon request, further information necessary for the exercise of these rights.
Please note that the applicable data protection law also stipulates requirements for the exercise of these rights, in particular regarding prerequisites, exceptions or restrictions, such as the protection of third parties or trade secrets, about which we will inform you if necessary.
The exercise of such rights usually requires that you can clearly prove your identity (e.g. by means of a copy of an ID card on which your identity is clear or can be verified). To assert your rights, please contact us at the contact details listed in para. 1. We are at your disposal for further information in this regard.
If you do not agree with our handling of your rights or data protection, please let us know as well. If necessary, you also have the right to complain to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (www.edoeb.admin.ch), the Swiss data protection supervisory authority.
8. Cookies and other services
We only use necessary cookies, i.e. cookies that are necessary for the functioning of the website as such or certain functions.
The instatus cookie is used to inform website visitors about problems in the EcoHub portal.
We may also integrate other third-party offers on our website, such as those from social media providers. If you have an account with the social media provider, it can assign this information to you and thus track your use of online offers. These social media providers process this personal data under their own responsibility.
9. Links to other websites
This website may contain links to the websites of other providers. EcoHub AG has no influence over these websites, their content, offers and availability, or their applicable data protection declarations and provisions.